Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The legend of the Stage mom

The legend goes as this: at a basketball game in Idaho, a woman irate at the referee for what she deems bad refereeing, takes her purse and hits him over the head. It is later reported in the local paper. That woman was my grandmother. The ref, was a fool to mess with her. The reason that I share this "legend" is because I think that my grandmother's spirit rests in me when it is game time. Or dance recital time. Or ...well any time that I am cheering on my kids. That could be at graduations, or school plays or...ok, let's face it, they could be walking down the street and I would get, as my kids and husband say, "over zealous". They say "over zealous"...I say proud. (They need to know that I love them, along with the rest of the crowd around us...) Luke had his first soccer game of the season and I was at 8 am very cheerful and supportive. Very supportive.So supportive, Louie said that Luke didn't know whether to listen to the coach or my support. I really can't help it. The whistle blows or the curtain goes up and I am like..."SEE! See my child! See that child...the gifted one, the talented one...right there! The only one that has all that talent!!"...So when you do see me or...ok, maaaaybe you can hear me...over everyone else...it's just the legend coming out in me.But honestly, can you blame me?...it's in my blood. And who knows, I might make the paper myself...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment