Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I used to be one once...

I used to be a teenager. Not only was I a teenager, but I was a GIRL teenager. Whole other set of teenager. In fact there are so many sub categories that go in to that, I just don't have enough time. And I know that you all were teenagers too. So it surprises me that when teenagers now days do things, that parents think, "Oh not my child."..or more specifically "not my teenager".Parents, do other parents a service. Love your teenager. Teach them right from wrong. Tell them that others have feelings. Tell them not bully. Tell them to include everyone. Tell them to be nice to EVERYONE....but...don't be surprised when another parents says that ...gasp!...your child is not teenager of the year. Don't be surprised...another gasp!...that they have done something contrary to what you have taught them. Now, I am optimistic that all my children will be the best teenagers.... respectful, kind, loyal... ( sounds more like a dog)...but, let's be honest. Every teen has their own issues. Every teen now and then is not perfect. Every teen whether they came from the best home is going to do things that are not what they are taught. DO NOT BE SURPRISED!!!! They all do it...we all did it, why? because we were teenagers! So, that being said I love our teenager, think that she is wonderful. I pray everyday that she will go out into the world and make it a better place. That all that she has learned from us, church, family and friends will make her into a better person, but just remember, she is a teenager...and they still have lots of growing and learning left to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment