Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 28, 2011

Can't you just be happy for me?

Our family has some exciting things that are happening soon for us. Religiously this is the best thing and we are all very excited. When I shared this at an activity the other day, I had a very blunt person say to me..."Well are you sure that you are ready? Are you sure that your husband is ready?" ( You have to know this person, always got an opinion.) I said that yes he was and she just kept at it. Finally I thought "Can't you just be happy or me!? Why is it that we can't just be happy for each other. I understand that we all have ideas of how others could lead their lives better...you know it's true...but when someone is happy about something...it is none of your business to question that. Let them be happy. Yes, I have my worries, but I do not need you to vocalize them. And this I am sure has happened to you as well. I have a friend that when she got pregnant and was happy she had, that her own family gave her the "Ooo really?" face. Just be happy for them!! None of your business...unless they are homeless, on drugs and havea two headed kid...just be happy! So I write this because I just wish this person would be happy. Not bring up every insecurity I already feel or bring those doubts back in my mind. I know, I shouldn't worry about others for my happiness, and I am not. I just want her to be happy and let it go. Go home and voice your concern there. Do not voice it to me. So, I am happy ...we are happy. And I hope that I can be happy for you.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea, I am thrilled for you. ºÜº I know it's hard but, just ignore the idiots that are here to test our patience. Some people don't get it and they NEVER will. Did Louie tell you I called? We need to talk. Love ya much my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, nobody's ready (that's not meant to scare you or put you off) I'm amazed that a member of the church would even say then when what you are doing IS the ultimate goal for everyone and THE PURPOSE of this gospel. Geesh! Don't worry, don't fret-put the date on the calendar and don't talk about it again-Satan will find 50000 ways to make you feel inadequate or insecure and keep you from this great day, and then keep you from going back. Be strong! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete