Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year

I have some friends that this year have decided not to set new year's Resolutions, because they feel that this word just sets you up for failure from the moment it leaves your mouth. I agree. See every year we say "I resolve to do this.." and then what happens...you resolve that you have no resolve. Another friend said that she is setting new year goals.I guess I can live with that. My only problem is then you have to set a completion date, and I am not sure I want to do that. I guess it could be an ongoing goal, something that I continue to do until I am dead... So what is the goal for this year?....AWWW! That is another tricky thing. When you tell someone that "goal" or share that you are trying accomplish said "goal", then that is when the temptations come. You could say I am trying to lose weight, BAM! You get a life time subscription to Baskins Robbins for free ice cream! (Could happen)...you say I am going to read more, BAM!...you go blind....(again could happen.) The point is, goals, resolution they are doomed from the start. They are something that: a- we should never start....or b- we should NEVER say and put it out there in the universe. Just keep to ourselves and then when say you do lose weight or your do read more, then you know you did it without the odds stacked against you. So, what is my new year goal/resoultion?..keep guessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment