Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Repeater

Hello, my name is Andrea and I am a repeater(Hello Andrea...). What is a repeater you may ask?... Well, let me start by saying I come from a family of repeaters. We very often have to say the same thing, out loud...over and over again, sometimes to different people but most likely to the same people. Not just once, but quite often. We begin by just feeling that we are sharing info that you might be interested in, that we feel you SHOULD be interested in. And then when we talk to you again and the subject that we have shared with you pops up again, we then AGAIN share the info that we have already shared again, because ..hey!.. we might not have told you ALL the info the first time, or so often, we forget that we have shared it already with you and feel that you need to hear it.( we also share things about our life, that does not even affect you, but we just have to get it out there, somewhere where it is heard.) And so the cycle of the repeater is. My dear hubby, he has started to catch on to this pattern and so when I start to repeat myself, he will point it out that yes, I have already given this info out(more then twice). But this usually makes me think two things:1-did I give him ALL the info and 2- when did we talk about this subject before?. Is this a sign that I am going crazy, no..been there... I honestly think that I just think that sometimes things are worth repeating, rehashing and just talking about more then just a passing time. Of course the repeater should know that you might get the occasional eye roll, also, others with out this condition,who know you have this condition, might do the "turn the other direction" so that they don't have to hear the same story over and over again, and then there is the courteous head bob that says,"yes, you HAVE shared this before, but I am too nice to stop you." So if you share in this condition, you are not alone. You are among friends. You are not crazy. Maybe you just need to get some more stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment