Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 28, 2011

Games/ Dirty Laundry- Warning to Wahl Family

WARNING TO SOME FAMILY!...YOU MAY NOT LIKE THIS.
Ok that being said and since this is MY blog, I am going to air out some laundry.I do not have a relationship with my in laws...meaning that I don't want one and I am sure that they don't want one with me.To say that I have tried, and in their way they have "tried"is a matter of opinion. My opinion of my efforts is that I have included them in our lives when it matters about our kids and their grandkids. I did try and understand their point of view, but that was wrong for me. I really did try to care about them...many times, but there are times you realize that the effort made and the reception received are just too exhausting, on both accounts.Eventually it became a game. The "let's pretend to care game". You know the game- I pretend to care about you and you pretend to care about me. We make small talk and then we exchange the normal courtesies and then we are done for a while.Well, guess what?. NO MORE. Two weeks ago we, meaning my husband and I - together ( they think I make all the decisions for him and he just follows along...I mean heaven forbid that we have this thing called a marriage) we made this choice that she said she was so supportive about and in fact acted like it was her encouragement that my husband came to the conclusion. Anyway,father in law, was NOT happy and apparently wanted to have my husband come and talk to him about it- long story short, that conversation did not happen, so cut to two weeks later. We went to a family gathering and I have to say, I absolutely have decided that I would prefer them not to speak to me. I am merely wallpaper( get it WAHL) anyway, do not act like that you care about me at all. It is a game I do not want to play anymore. But, DO NOT include my kids, your grandkids in this game. At this gathering, that was meant for a nephew, Not one word was said to our kids and even one of our kids who loves her grandpa gave him a hug and was not acknowledged in any form. Then, yesterday the ultimate insult, she (grandma) deleted granddaughter as a Facebook friend ("accident" supposedly). I know dirty, filthy laundry everywhere!! So why air it? Why not just let it smell up my house and let me clean it myself? Because like I said this is my blog and you can read it or not. Writing this for me, therapy I guess. I am not a game player. I am so tired of the whole thing. Our kids are wonderful. How dare they not at least act like some sort of grand parent!They have done nothing to them, even though I have to say if were really up to me, there would be no relationship, ever. They are kids. I do not use them against them. They can act like that they care about them all they want, but that really isn't the truth. Birthdays and presents do not make up for love and attention. But then really, do I want them in their lives? No, not really. Honestly, I want to shelter them from what I consider a toxic relationship. There are so many reasons why not, but that is just somewhere I don't want to take you.So game over.The game between them and me is over. Our kids, their grandkids I guess are the alternates since I am out of the game. Too bad for them (Grandpa and grandma).I grew up having relationships with both sets of grandparents and I guess part of me wants that for my kids, but they treated us like grandkids, not pawns or alternates in a game. So hey! Bright side! Why complain? They have started a game and nobody is going to play...

4 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea!! I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time with your in-laws and that you and your kids have had to go through so many tough experiences with them. I know from personal experience how hard that can be. We should get together sometime to cry, rant and rave, and compare horror stories. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea- I am sorry you are having a rough time. Family issues are horrible and it sounds like you are having the worst kind. I am always here for you I think you are a great person and mom and you are doing what you think is the best for your kids. We need to have a get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, pretty sad but your mother and I will make up for the love they don't get from the Wahl's. I guess if you shopped for ho's, acted like a ho, taught your daughters to act like ho's, was supported by a ho, smoke, drank, did drugs, stole, bowed down and kissed Lou's feet, worhiped Mary you would be in their good graces BUT you and Louie are doing what your Heavenly Father wants you to do and he will be your judge not Lou plus Heavenly Father loves you with a love that Lou, Mary and the rest of their spawn will never know on this earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coming from an old sea hag like yourself? That "ho" you talk about is going to school to become a lawyer, and she's holding down 3 jobs while doing so. She just bought a brand new car, and she's awesome. You, on the other hand, are an ugly old maid. You're in a cult religion that pretty much guarantees marriage, but look at you: you're alone and miserable, and you'll die that way.
    you ought to look at your own niece who did drugs and is married to a drunk.Now go back to your cave where you belong. You're not supposed to be out in the daylight anyway. I should take you back to Hogle Zoo and get the reward.

    ReplyDelete