Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 25, 2011

14 years later...

Our anniversary was on Tuesday and I really had to think about the how many years. 14 years!! Wow! Really that isn't that much, but it really is! I got married when I was 18 years old...and I love when people tell me...oh, you are too young to be married that long...why thank you! But, this last week I have thought a lot about where my life was 14 years ago. Barely married and getting ready to be a mom. Married to a man that I had known 6 months, but fell in love with at first sight... really! Which is funny because he had no job, the wrong size clothes on, and his teeth were awful, but hey, what a catch for me!:) Sometimes 14 years can go by really slow and others times I can't beleive that another year has gone by so quickly. The reason that I am writing this entry, is because someone recently told me that they knew my husband better then I do. That basically they would always know him better. I took that to mean that the last 14 years were just ...nothing. But guess what?... they were not nothing...They are not nothing. You might think you know him, the past him, but I know him now.You may think that you know about our life, because you see us every 3 or 4 months, but I have been there for him.And he has been there for me.WE have been there for the good, the bad, the very bad and we keep building a life together. I have built my life, past, present and future with him. I have been raising 5 children with him. I have been there for surgeries, diseases, death, happiness, love, tears, birth and everything else. That is not nothing.We are happy. We are a family. I am sorry that this person cannot except that we have a life together. I am sorry that this person doesn't want him to be a great husband and father and would rather act like he still is a kid. That they think they know him so well. Guess what...14 years...now that is something.

No comments:

Post a Comment