Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 6, 2010

Who knew perms could trigger all this?...

There are many of you that have probably heard me say this...but... I am still amazed that I am a mother to not only 1 child but 5!!! Isabella is our oldest and today she got a perm. Now why would a perm trigger this realization of motherhood for the umpteenth time? I am not quite sure. But looking at her there in the chair looking all cute and curly, just made me see her so differently. She is now 13 and I can't believe that first all, but now secondly, she has just started becoming this young woman in a matter of months..( I know that she has been growing for 13 years but still). Anyway, we were in the car and I thought...wow! I am her mother. I have this girl...young woman... as my daughter...and I still feel like I am THAT girl...that I am13 year old still trying to figure things out and wanting to get my hair permed...I love a perm! I wonder if any of you are the same as me. I am sure that you are. Life just seems to go so fast now. I mean, I am not THAT old, (even though 5 kids like to tell me that I AM THAT old)but it is one of those moments that I guess I just looked over and there wasn't a child sitting next to me. Who knew perms could trigger all that? :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way! How did I ever become a mother of 4 kids? Sometimes (okay...most of the time) I feel like I am still a kid myself. How scary that I am "Mom" to four people!

    ReplyDelete