Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hair

This the first color, not as bright as the fuchsia.

this is the current color

Let me first start this by playing the blame game... A few years back I went to Utah to visit. My cousin TerriAnne, who is 10 years to almost the day older then me, had started putting bold colors and funky colors in her hair. I secretly loved it! But, I also thought she had lost her mind...sorry Terri Anne...I mean why would you do that?It's so bold...and ..dare I say...FUN. no mother of 5 should be doing that to her hair...(gasp)...I mean heaven forbid!...Anyway, so then about 6 months ago my nephew Brian, who 16, came down to spend the weekend with us. He had wanted to put purple in his hair, but my bro in law, who by the way I do NOT get along with, said "No son of mine is going to look like an Easter egg!"( Read that with your most obnoxious voice) So of course I said that we should see what it looks like in his hair...it was great. Thank you Brian for demo-ing it on your hair. So then, since I already had blond highlights in my hair ( you have to do bold colors on blond hair or even white or gray), I put pink in..and guess what...I was still the same, but it was so much fun!! So I got fuchsia and did that in my hair. Ilove it! I have had blue, and now I have ultra violet. I did just a chunk of hair , but you can do all over and or highlights. I have done the highlights.... I am not that daring to do it all over. Of course the occasional reaction is that "What are you trying to be your kids friend?...or..."What you trying to do? Reclaim your youth?" (Obnoxious voice again) Well, I am only 32, so youthful already!... and guess what?.... This has nothing to do with being my kids' friend! I just enjoy it...you should try enjoying something! Anyway...that being said I do love doing it! And I love looking for more color to do in the future. No all over rainbow in my hair, but just something to make life a little more interesting.
Color products I love:
Jerome Russell Punky colors and Manic Panic
Jerome Russell is harder to find ( thank heaven for Amazon) and last a long time
Manic Panic is great to, but is fades a little quicker.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooohhhhhh, I am soooo jealous. Someday. Possibly quite soon. We're leaving on the 13th for Oregon. It worked out. When will you be here? Can we get together before we leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bright colors! They are so fun and totally fit your personality!

    ReplyDelete