Listen to andiwahls Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our trip to Utah

Every year our family has a family reunion...for the last 30+ years it has been the same weekend. This first started out as a family camp out. We would go to various locations and all the family would camp out for the weekend. This was so fun when I was a kid. We got to hear the same stories of Driggs, which in all truth I loved to hear even if they were told over and over.We got spend time with our cousins, and I just loved "hanging out" with the older cousins! Now, we still have the reunion the same time every year, but now we go a park and have lunch and see how all of our families have grown. I miss the camping, but I still love it! I feel so lucky to have a family like the one I was raised in. Now all of my cousins' kids and my kids enjoy each other and play well together. We also got to see my little brother. For those of you that don't know, I am my mom's only child and #4 of my dad's 8 kids. I have 4 younger siblings. My brother Domingo is great...(and ladies he's single!). He taught Luke how to box and bought the kids 12 lbs. of candy...serious...6lbs. of gummy bears and 6lbs. of Starbursts...(thanks Costco). He is so loving and is called Uncle Mango and Mingie...which I know he just loves!!! But the sad part of the trip was that my mom and aunt decided to put their dog Jaxon to sleep. He was suffering and they knew that he was having a hard time. I am glad that we got to be there to say goodbye. I don't live to far away from my family but when we leave it seems like we live so far away! I can't wait until the next time we go up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment